- Note: This is the 2012 version of Persephone, For her 1984 version, See Here
Persephone is a character in Frankenweenie.
Persephone is a black poodle with an enormously large poof of fur on her head. She is curious and flirtatious with Sparky and fiercely loyal to Elsa, her owner. When Persephone and Sparky first meet in the backyard, the attraction is instantaneous and electrifying. When she got electified by Sparky her fur had a white stripe.
Persephone and Sparky first met when his ball rolled into her backyard. As he tried to get it out, he noticed Persephone trotting around inside the backyard. As Sparky sat down in his backyard, sad that he lost the ball, Persephone rolls the ball back into his yard.
- Main article: Persephone/Gallery
- Persephone's hairdo is an obvious reference to Universal's Bride of Frankenstein.
- Unlike the other animals, Persephone does not classify as a monster. She is the only animal character to remain alive throughout the entire length of the film.
- In this movie, she's voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Persephone is named after the Greek goddess that was forced to marry Hades.